Getting the urge to learn boxing but don’t know where to start? What boxing combination do you need to learn? What boxing trick do you need to know? The first thing as a boxing beginner you should be doing is learning different boxing combinations for beginners.
This blog post is going to help you with understanding basic boxing combinations.
Without having basic knowledge of boxing, you can’t become a competitive boxer. The fundamental step of transforming into a dangerous boxer is perfectly landed punches and throws.
Also, the timing of the punches should be precise and accurate. This can be learned by practicing boxing combos daily. That’s why we came up with 16 boxing combinations for beginners.
Best Boxing Combinations For Beginners
This section is all about one of the basic yet best boxing combinations for beginners. Let’s not wait further and get into the boxing combos world.
1: Single Jab Cross Combination
One of the most common boxing combos is the jab and cross combination. You need to learn this combination at the initial stages of boxing. This combo will allow you to become an effective boxer. It can also be called a 1-2 boxing combination.
This combo will dodge the opponent and make him reluctant at the very start of the fight.
- First of all, throw a hard jab at medium speed.
- Don’t wait for a single second and throw a cross at maximum speed.
- This will surprise the opponent with back-to-back attacks.
2: Double Jab, Cross Combination
The double jab with a cross or 1,1,2 boxing combination is another important yet easy combination to master as a beginner. This one is similar to the 1,2 combo but adding a second jab throw will make it even more effective.
Also, if the first jab gets missed for some reason, the second jab will help you cover up. Moreover, your opponent won’t get enough time to counter-attack.
- You have to follow the same procedure as the 1,2 combo to get the technique properly.
- Just add a high-speed jab after the first medium-speed jab and then complete the combo with a high-speed cross.
3: Jab, Cross, Jab Combination
Another one of the most effective boxing combos is the 1,2,1 combination. This combo can leave your opponent in shock if done properly. This will help you come back to the game if you’re near to losing. Also, this combination requires a lot of practice to land in the best way possible.
- Combine this combination with other boxing combinations so that your opponent won’t get an idea about your next move.
- First, throw a hard jab with medium speed and then follow it with a brutal throw. At the end of the combination, throw another hard throw at high-speed.
4: Jab, Cross, Left Hook Combination
The 1,2,3 combination is one of the most popular boxing combinations for beginners. To step up your boxing game, you need to master this combination at a basic training level. You need to be quite apparent while delivering this combination.
- To perform this combination, first, throw a hard jab and then a cross at full speed.
- After that, throw a left hook at medium speed. Once you get proficient at this combination, you can increase the speed of the left hook.
Related: 5 Best MMA Techniques for Beginners
5: Lead Uppercut, Cross, Left Hook Combination
If you want to stun your opponent with your boxing skills, you have to get the 5,2,3 combo right. Also, you need to be attentive enough to dodge coming punches or attacks.
- First of all, get ready to throw the lead uppercut at full speed and then follow the combination with throwing the cross at a lesser speed.
- Throw the left hook attack after waiting for a few seconds.
6: Jab, Right Hook Combination
If you want to knock your opponent out, this 1,4 boxing combo will get you there. To get this combination right, you have to transfer your leg power into your body and then to your fist.
- Throw a hard jab at the maximum speed possible. Then complete the combo with a full-speed right hook.
- Furthermore, don’t forget to straighten your back while delivering this combo.
7: Cross, Left Hook Combination
The more power, the better this combination will land on your opponent. This combination for beginners isn’t difficult or complex to land. You need a lot of practice in rotating your hips to knock out your opponent.
- The 2,3 combination is all about high power with perfect timing. Your cross shouldn’t be high-speed if you want to trick your boxing opponent.
- Then throw a brutal left hook right at the target.
8: Cross, Left Hook, Cross Combination
One of the most effective boxing combo ideas for beginners is the cross, left hook, and cross. Again, you have to be good at rotating your hips and transferring your power into your fist. Also, you have to practice blocking this combo because it’s not easy to slip it.
- Be ready to deliver your power cross then a left hook and finally a hard cross throw.
- It’s better to mix up the speed of your throws. Also, don’t forget to be ready for counterattacks.
9: Right Uppercut, Left Hook Combination
Another name for this combination is the 6,3 boxing combo. Whenever you get an idea of the opponent’s weakness, use this boxing combination to ace the fight.
- First of all, throw one or two punches and then land the right uppercut that can astonish your opponent the hard way.
- The second step should be throwing a left hook so that your opponent won’t find any way to come out of this situation.
- Keep the speed medium at first and then increase it as you get more fluent with this combination.
10: Jab, Cross, Lead Uppercut Combination
Jab, cross, and lead uppercut is an effective yet powerful combination for beginners to master. Always use different levels of speed and angles to get the trick right.
- Start this combo with a jab and then hit a strong cross to lower the guard of the opponent.
- The lead uppercut is the last step to complete this boxing combo.
- Keep your speed intensity different at each step.
11: Left Uppercut, Right Uppercut, Left Hook Combination
This boxing combination is one of the most effective boxing combos but it’s not easy to become comfortable with it. You need to do a lot of practice to become a pro at it.
- To start the combo, throw strong left and right uppercuts. This attack will allow you to be dominant in the game.
- After that, treat your opponent with a strong left hook. Keep the speed variant with the technique.
12: Right Cross, Left Hook, Right Uppercut Combination
This boxing combination can be useful when your opponent is pinned against the rope. Align all of your steps correctly and witness the magic.
- Start your combination with the right cross while keeping your posture straight and then follow with the left hook throw.
- To end the combination, throw a right uppercut and try to lower the chin of your opponent.
13: Jab, Right Uppercut, Left Hook Combination
To be unpredictable, it’s good to use unique boxing combo ideas every time and surprise your opponent. This combination is one of the unique boxing combinations for beginners. It will do a lot of destruction to your opponent and he won’t get enough time to settle for it.
- Just keep your chin up and start using this combo technique.
- Make sure to change the angle and speed intensity with each step.
- Also, keep protecting yourself from counter-attacking.
14: Left Hook Right Hook Combination
Another not-so-simple boxing combination is the left hook and right hook combo. Just follow some basic boxing rules while throwing this combination. Always protect your head and chin if you’re planning to attack with this combo.
- Start with the left hook attack and then instantly follow the right hook throw.
15: Jab, Cross, Right Hook Combination
This boxing combo is similar to one of the previously mentioned boxing combo ideas. This combo isn’t hard to learn but it’s the timing and accuracy that can make it right or wrong.
- It’s similar to most of the combinations at the start of this blog post.
- Just land a hard jab, follow it up with a great cross, and then finish the combo with the right hook.
16: Right Cross, Left Hook, Right Cross Combination
Last but not least, this boxing combination for beginners isn’t very popular among boxers but still can do damage if done properly.
- Start the combo with a heavy jab and then keep your chin up.
- Now, land a hard right cross and then a left hook without wasting time. At last, throw a high-power right cross.
- Keep the speed different to trick the opponent.
Not only beginners but skilled boxers should also keep learning new combos to increase their proficiency level. It’s never a wrong idea to become a pro at boxing combinations.
If anyone wants to become a competitive boxer, become a master at most of the boxing combinations for beginners that we mentioned above. Remember, consistent practice is the key to becoming comfortable and pro with each boxing combination.