Is your kid showing interest in learning martial arts or self-defense? The first question that comes to your mind after finding out about this interest must be, which martial art would be suitable for my child? Combat Hapkido vs Krav maga? Which one has the best MMA beginners moves? So, this article will clear your doubts about the best self-defense technique.
What is Hapkido?
A Korean technique designed to defend a person against a skilled attacker. The word consists of three-syllable with different meanings. Such as, hap means harmony, ki means power, and do means way. Apart from this, Korean Hapkido is not only practiced in Korea but all over the world. Other than that, the main focus of this attacking system is dynamic kicks, joint locks, grappling, and throws.
Israel Defense Forces developed Krav Maga attacking mechanism to train their personnel. The attacking system is based on training people to aggressively counter-attack against a highly-skilled fighter. Krav maga training is known for the best self-defense as it particularly teaches heavy striking, grappling, throat strikes, headbutts, and eye gouges. Moreover, elbow and knee punches are also the focus of this training.
Related: You can find the best kick pad for self-defense purposes here.
Combat Hapkido vs Krav Maga: Which one is best?
There is no simple answer to this question. Both of the above-mentioned self-defense training have their benefits and purpose. Particularly, all you need to do is choose the right one that suits you or your child.
Which one is effective Self-Defense?
Again, we can’t just make a statement of our own. It is recommended by experts to not involve kids in any intense type of training.
It’s always the best idea to go from simple to complex in self-defense training. Let’s dig deep into these two types of self-defense training and learn about the benefits and weaknesses.
Related: Check here for the Best punching bag for training self-defense.
- With this training, you’ll get to know how to control your opponent and knock him out with some serious moves.
- Furthermore, it also teaches one to apply circular motion techniques and non-resistance as well.
- Hapkido MMA allows the fighter to get rid of the arm lock in no minutes.
- You can easily escape from any unwanted situation by defending yourself.
- Hapkido is one of the adaptive self-defense arts.
- Korean Hapkido training seems to have some weak areas as well.
- Hapkido doesn’t teach one to defend against an armed person while you’re not having any weapon.
- The main focus of the hapkido is kicking which is a bit impractical and risky during a real street fight.
- Additionally, a lot of techniques are too good to be true in this technique as it needs accuracy of skill which is impossible to get.
- Along with unique shrinking techniques, you’ll get to know a bit about other martial arts too.
- There’s no age and strength limitation to learning this self-defense art. You can find it perfect for you regardless of your age and size.
- Additionally, if you want to get in shape, Krav maga is the training you need right now.
- Techniques don’t demand any intense learning skills from one. One can learn without having any previous training experience.
- Some techniques are unrealistic and can’t be performed the way it is done in the training.
- Also, the real-life situation can be different than the actual training.
- Finally, false weapons are to be used in training. While doing this, they cannot prepare a person to act in an actual fight.
Now that you have all the required information regarding combat hapkido vs Krav maga. You can make the right decision for your child or even yourself. Also, if you want to know how to escape from an actual fight, undoubtedly hapkido would be great for you. The Krav maga is best for learning less intense self-defense. Nevertheless, both training seems to be famous all over the world because of their effectiveness.
Chris Bent is a professional MMA Trainer who has expertise in both Martial Arts and Karate and he loves to teach Men, Women and Kids.