Your friend just borrowed your boxing gloves but wait, they smelled worse than a rotten egg. Must be a heck of an embarrassment. Isn’t it? It must be. Now you must find an effective solution to clean them up. But how? In this article, you will get to know a few smelly boxing gloves solution and how to clean them regularly.
Why Do Boxing Gloves Smell Bad?
Now that you realized that your boxing gloves smell extremely bad. You must be thinking, why do my boxing gloves stink or smell like rotten food or even worse? So here are some definite reasons for your stinky boxing gloves.
- You certainly sweat a lot during strenuous boxing sessions and sweat or moist area is the perfect habitat for bacteria.
- Bacteria will grow faster in the moisture content such as in sweaty gloves. Now your boxing gloves are full of bacteria which make them smelly as hell.
- In addition to that, keeping those full of bacteria gloves in a sealed or closed bag will make the situation worse.
- Always remember that a warm and moist place is the most favorable territory for bacteria to stay and breed further.
Why Do You Need to Clean Gloves?
Smelly boxing gloves solution is the second step but thinking and making the mind of cleaning those smelly boxing gloves once in a while is the primary one. It might be challenging and a burden for most of the lazy ones here. Following are some valid points that surely give you the right motivation to clean your boxing gloves. Here you go.
- Bad Impression: How about giving your boxing gloves to your friends? Or your boxing mates are avoiding you because of stinky boxing gloves. It’s nothing but an extreme level of embarrassment. Nobody wants that. So you have to get up and clean your boxing gloves.
- Long-Lasting Quality: Cleaning the boxing gloves often keeps them your boxing companion for a longer time. Additionally, it will save your money for further investment in gloves.
- Health Matter: Working out with stinky gloves is not only harmful to your health but it’ll affect other health as well. Furthermore, the horrible smell can also affect your mood.
Smelly Boxing Gloves Solution
Having decent gloves is the first demand if you want to save them from bad smells. If your gloves are made of cheap material then there’s no point in cleaning them with effort. Here are some sturdy and resilient boxing gloves that you can consider buying.
Let’s come to the solution of those sticky and horrible-smelling boxing gloves. Let’s get in action and find a suitable solution for stinky gloves.
Apple Cider Vinegar Method
Apple cider vinegar is one of the beneficial ingredients when it comes to removing rotten smells. The right method to use apple cider vinegar to clean boxing gloves is mentioned below.
- First of all, take one tablespoon of good quality apple cider vinegar on any clean towel.
- Now, rub that towel area with apple cider vinegar inside your boxing gloves appropriately.
- After that, you have to keep your gloves in the open area so that they can get dry.
- Now your stinky boxing gloves are no longer stinky. If they still smell, repeat the above procedure.
Baking Soda Method
The baking soda method is one of the most ancient methods to clean something that smells bad. Let’s get into the method.
- You have to take a pinch of baking soda and then sprinkle it all over the glove.
- Don’t disturb the setting of the powder for hours.
- After some hours, shake the gloves and remove the baking soda.
- This will surely get the smell out of boxing gloves.
Anti-Bacterial Spray Method
The anti-bacterial spray method is an easy solution for stinky gloves. All you need is an antibacterial spray, it’ll take all the germs and bacteria away.
- You have to unwrap or unzip your gloves.
- Now, you have to sprinkle the antibacterial spray all over the glove surface.
- After that, you have to keep them in a dry and open area.
Saltwater Soak Method
Soaking your gloves in saltwater is another effective method to kill all the bacteria and germs. Make sure that your gloves are not made of material that is sensitive to saline water. Otherwise, your gloves will get ruined by this method. Let’s look into the method.
- Take a huge empty container with water and pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of salt into it.
- Now your saline solution is ready. Keep your gloves in this solution overnight.
- The next morning, you have to place them in a ventilated and dry area.
Freezing is one of the effective ways to seize the bacterial growth inside the gloves. This might seem a bit of a strange method but it is a very effective one for getting rid of foul smells.
- You have to keep your smelly boxing gloves inside any plastic bag.
- Then keep them inside the freezer overnight.
- You can take your gloves out the next morning and let them air dry for a day or two.
Have you heard about this smelly boxing gloves solution? A lot of boxers prefer stuffing for a smelly boxing gloves solution. This method is more like a precautionary measure to keep your glove from smelling.
- All you need is any kind of stuffing material. It could be a newspaper, a soap bar, any kind of dry sheet, or even a paper towel.
- You need to stuff your gloves with any of the above-mentioned materials.
How to Stop Boxing Gloves Smelling?
Following are some precautions that you should keep in mind so that your boxing gloves won’t stink.
- Don’t forget to air dry your gloves after every boxing session. This will clean up all the germs and bacterial growth.
- It’s important to wipe your boxing gloves with a clean and dry towel so that moisture content inside the gloves will reduce.
- Sanitizing your hands often during boxing sessions is another important prevention to keep in mind.
- How can we forget hand wraps? Hand wraps have a great surface area which allows the absorption of maximum sweat and moisture. This will keep your gloves from stinking. Not to forget that cleaning your hand wrap is as important as cleaning your gloves.
Now that you have everything to get rid of those stinky boxing gloves. You are not the only one who sweats during boxing, every boxer does. But what makes a difference is cleaning them regularly. Get up now and pick your favorite smelly boxing gloves solution. Your gloves will certainly thank you for saving them.